Friday, January 8, 2010

01/08/10

All great stories begin thus:



"Once upon a time..."

and always end:

"and they lived happily ever-after."

I love those stories.

I love to read. I read books, magazines, catalogs, sales-flyers, blogs, websites and my friends facebook status updates.

Sometimes I can read something which is truly so very innocent.

Satan is so very good at knowing just how to twist and turn those innocent words and whisper, "Yeah, but what about you? Look at you. Look at your life. What has God and His Grace ever done for you. All hope is lost. There is no one who can help you."

Suddenly the sky turns dark and threatening. Before I know it, I have allowed him to cause me to look down, taking my eyes off my Saviour. Down there all I see is me, hopelessness and despair.

I turn to look for Jesus and question Him. "Master, is there none for me? Why have you done this? Why have you allowed this thing I feared the most to come upon me?"

My heart sinks lower and lower. I weep.

Within me there is a voice, a very small voice. "I AM here My little one, look up."

I look up and see Hope and Grace and Wisdom. They encourage me to look for His goodness which He has lavishly showered on me. I would be ashamed of my hopelessness and despair, but my heart is overcome with His Goodness.

My list includes blessings which can make my heart thrill like nothing else:

~ Laughter, the kind that comes from deep within a person's soul. It's genuine and authentic...and tickles the ears and heart.

~ The eyes of an elder person, when they realize someone has noticed them.

~ The arch of a rainbow.

~ Believing that Unicorns live in the woods just outside of your cottage.

~ Seeing a "been-married-for-more-years-than-we-have-fingers" couple walking, side-by-side, hand-in-hand.

~ Watching that same couple as they "sneak" a kiss, as if they were teenagers again.

~ Surprise Smiley Faces. Like the ones we saw during the July 4th, 2009 fireworks display in Little Washington.

~ While traveling, meeting someone who knows where Little Washington is. Suddenly there is a heart connection, or so it seems. And that thrills my spirit!

These are just a few of the "Life Favors" that give my spirit a thrill and a lift.

So with these "Life Favors" still clutched within my heart. I gave thanks to Papa God for another Grace Day. Soon I am wrapped into a cozy cocoon by the Comforter and sleep.

By morning, satan is, I'm sure planning His next attack.

This morning, I was able to rise, shine, give God the glory...
I fried up a pan of country ham and eggs.

For my darling family, my mother in-love gave me an apple-cinnamon muffin mix for Christmas 2008. I haven't been able to mix and bake it because our oven has been broken since.

My Beloved has spent lots of money to repair it, but nothing worked. The thing that worked, required no money at all. Mr. Asa, who delivers our propane told him how to fix it. Thank you Lord for wonderful helpful people!

Now the oven works and challenge the popular challenge for the month of January seems to be to "eat out of the pantry."

So I baked those this morning. Everyone liked them. They are loaded with sugar, so I can't eat them.

Hoping you and yours has a beautiful Grace Day,
Paula

I leave you with this Fun idea: